Information about various policies is found below.
Code of Conduct and Safer Spaces Policy
At Stompology and all Groove Juice Swing events, we have expectations from our community - communication, safety, and respect.
- Communicate. Be verbal when asking people to dance. Ask if someone would like to lead or follow - don’t assume! Be open about your boundaries and expectations with your dance partner. Speak up if they aren't being met. Listen to your partner’s requests, and change your behavior if your partner expresses discomfort or a different preference. Remember, the social dance floor is not the time nor place for unsolicited advice.
- Practice safety. Watch out for other dancers on the dance floor, and check to make sure other dancers are all right if there is a collision. Don’t dance in a way that could harm yourself or your partner.
- Respect each other. Don’t be offended if someone declines your offer to dance. Respect boundaries and requests when they are communicated to you. Turning down a dance does not mean you have to sit out that song. Be kind to each other. Welcome everyone on the dance floor - even and especially people different than yourself.
- We do not tolerate harassment, discriminatory or inappropriate behavior or comments of any kind. If you experience this, please immediately bring it to the attention to Stompology staff member or a designated Safe Spaces ally (who are wearing the buttons).
- We hold our community to these standards, and you should hold each other to these standards as well. Look out for each other. Building a positive community requires everyone to participate. Thank you for joining our efforts to create a safe, respectful, and welcoming dance community.
- The full Groove Juice Swing Code of Conducts apply as well: