Stompology 2020 Cancelled Due to COVID-19

Posted Monday, April 19, 2021

We’ve been monitoring the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in keeping with our commitment to the wellbeing of our community and in adherence with the CDC limits on large group events, we have regretfully decided that we need to cancel Stompology in 2020.


The good news is that we have secured a venue for Stompology next year: please save the date for May 14–16, 2021.


We have been honored to support and promote solo jazz dancing for fifteen years. We are, first and foremost, a community, and if we each do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19, it will benefit all of us in the long run. For more information, please consult websites that have been set up in response to this situation by reliable organizations like the WHO and the CDC. Please continue to remain safe and cautious, and check in with your friends and family. 


For Those Who Have Purchased Passes

We are doing our best to support the artists and staff who work hard to make Stompology happen. To help us cover the considerable costs of cancelling this year and to accommodate the financial burden the pandemic is causing for so many people, we are offering three options for those who have already purchased a Stompology pass:


  1. Defer your pass to Stompology 2021.
    If you choose to defer your pass and your registration for Stompology 2020 is fully paid, we will consider your registration for Stompology 2021 to be fully paid. This choice is so helpful to us that we’re working on some special deferral swag to thank everyone who chooses this option!
  2. Forego your refund to help support Stompology and Groove Juice Swing.
    If you would like to support our event and are able to, please consider simply foregoing your refund to help us cover the costs of cancelling Stompology 2020. This would help us out tremendously, and we’re working on a plan for extra special swag to thank these very generous dancers!
  3. Receive a refund for your pass.
    If you are not able to join us for Stompology in 2021 and the financial burdens that this pandemic is creating are too great for you, we understand and will process your refund in full.


To arrange a deferral, to forego a refund, or to request your refund, please contact us at by May 1, 2020 and clearly state your desired option. For anyone we do not hear from by that date, we will process refunds shortly thereafter.


Support Artists and Musicians

Musicians, instructors, performing artists, and other self-employed and freelance folks are taking a huge hit during this time. Andrew Nemr has already shared this information, and we’re happy to pass it on. Here are a few ways to support these artists who are so integral to our community:


Thank you all for your patience and understanding, and we hope to see you in 2021.

—The Stompology Team